Jesmonite AC100 is a water-based, two-component (acrylic polymer and mineral resin) system from Jesmonite®.
The system is suitable for a wide range of casting and laminating applications where the end user wants to reduce the many risks associated with conventional solvent based systems. A range of ancillary products including decorative and functional fillers, control chemicals, pigments, and glass reinforcements are also provided making the material extremely versatile. The material is suitable for internal and external use, however if used externally a sealer or suitable paint system is recommended to protect surface appearance.
Why not try a starter kit? – Jesmonite Starter Kit (AC100)
Jesmonite AC100 Specifications
- Mix ratio 2.5:1 parts Base to Liquids ratio by weight
- Wet density 1845 kg/m³
- Dry density 1745 kg/m³
- Initial set 15 – 20 minutes (18°C, No Retarder)
- Expansion on set 0.15%
- Compressive strength 25 – 30 MPa
- Tensile strength (UTS) 25 – 35 Mpa
- Bending elastic limit (LOP) 15 – 20 Mpa
- Bending strength (MOR) 50 – 65 Mpa
- Youngs Modulus 5 – 6 Mpa
- Impact strength (Charpy) 30 KJ/m²
- Moisture movement <1%
- EN13501-1 Fire Classification B-s1-d0
- Freeze/Thaw resistance Excellent – Test specimens undamaged
- Wet/Dry 50 cycles Test specimens undamaged
Cast and laminated decorative mouldings, and with the inclusion of suitable glass reinforcements AC100 can be used for lightweight, high-impact panels. Jesmonite AC100 provides a fire resistant coating for many expanded foams for theme park and theatre props.
- Solvent free – No VOC’s
- Good abrasion resistance and impact strength
- High compressive and tensile strength
- Rapid curing and high early strength gain
Liquids are supplied in 1kg, 5kg, and 25kg canisters, Base in 5kg and 25kg buckets and 25kg Valve Sacks. Bulk IBC/FIBC supply available on request.
As a basic rule liquid containers should be kept well sealed to prevent water evaporation and skin forming. They should be stored at a constant temperature between 5 – 25°C and used within twelve months. Freezing must be avoided. Base should be kept dry and stored at 5 – 25°C and used within 9 months.
Jesmonite® is a Registered Trademark
The above information and recommendations are based upon our experience and are offered merely
for advice. They are offered in good faith but without guarantee, as conditions and methods of use are beyond our control. It remains the responsibility of the end user to determine the suitability of the materials for the particular purpose intended.
For technical data please visit our Knowledge Hub.