What are the curing times for 3481 Silicone Rubber (Professional Grade)?
We supply three options of our professional grade 3481 silicone rubber with differing cure and working times, as follow:
- Standard: Working time of 90-120 minutes | Cure time of 24 hours
- Fast: Working time of 30-60 minutes | Cure time of 8 hours
- Very Fast: Working time of 8-15 minutes | Cure time of 2 hours
Cure time refers to the length of time needed for something to fully set, whereas ‘working time’ is the effective pot life of your mix before it starts to become unworkable.
NB: Cure times listed above can vary due to various factors (e.g: room temperature, etc).
Why choose 3481 Silicone Rubber (Professional Grade)?
Why choose the 3481 professional silicone for your project?
- It’s been around for 30 years and has what’s known as a “proven archive life”. This means that your moulds will stand the test of time.
- This grade has a lower shrinkage rate when fully cured, so basically it holds its shape better once set.
- It is more elastic than our standard grade, making it more stretchy & less likely to rip when de-moulding your work.
- It is tougher than our standard grade, meaning it will stand up to the rigours of your studio.
If your budget will stretch to it, then we always recommend using our professional grade 3481 silicone, especially if you are working on more intricate pieces such as a glove moulds, busts or ornate shapes.
What type of project is the 3481 Silicone Rubber best suited to?
What are the technical properties of our 3481 Silicone Rubber?
- Outstanding release properties
- High flowability and long working time
- Medium hardness
- High tear resistance
- High elasticity for easy removal of complex replica parts
- Can be made thixotropic (nonflowable) for vertical surface replication : RTV Silicone Thixo
- Choice of curing agents for special applications